Sailing

Sailing: the fine art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Thursday 7 January 2016

2015 Retrospective and on to 2016



There are two blogs that I follow quite regularly; Nine of Cups and Christine Kling | Write On The Water.  Both are sailors and writers.  Marge of Nine of Cups posted 12 photos that highlighted the past year.  Christine of Learnativity selected three words to guide her for the coming year.  Both seemed like good ideas.  I felt that perhaps I should start reflecting on each year’s passage and not treat it as just another day as I usually do.  The remaining years are just too precious to let slip by.
So here are our pictures for 2015:

January:  The New Year saw us back in Australia and staying at our house in Bellingen.  The kids came from Canberra for a visit and to see the old homestead once again.
 

February: In Bellingen we were continuing the extensive home renovations through a very wet subtropical summer. 
 

 March:  We packed up all our belongings to get ready to return to Songster in Turkey.
 

April:  Back in Turkey living on the hard doing maintenance on Songster.
  

 May:  Getting a new engine for Songster.
 

June:  Dave and Thea came to visit with lots of land and sea travel.
 

July: Our visit to London to see Pam.
 

August:  Our road trip around the UK in our embarrassing pink camper van.
 

September:  Our trip on Bathsheba with Tazeena.
 
 
October:  Our Lycian Cruise with the Cruising Association.
  

November:  Our trip to Ephesus, Pamukkale and places in between.
 

Finally December saw us travelling through Eastern Europe marvelling at the beautiful Christmas lights.
 

Not a bad year.  There was some hard work, lots of land and sea travel and wonderful times with new and old friends.

So what about 2016 and my three words to guide me?  I thought long and hard about this.  My first three words were:  Purposefulness, Discipline and Understanding with lots of ‘to dos’ and ‘shoulds’ attached to them.  Then I decided I would not make a rod for my back and set myself up to fail.  Instead, my final words for 2016 are: 
 
with the world and its people.  2016 HERE WE COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment